New to Legos In My Pocket??

Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th of July!



via

I just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone a Happy Independence Day!

As you are joining with family & friends, laughing, eating delicious food, watching brightly colored displays of crazy pyros enjoying their one day to freely blow crap up and enjoying the freedom you have to do so... please remember today is about our freedom, our independence, & our right to enjoy greasy fries and juicy cheeseburgers and playfully tease our loved ones in the sunshine of today.

 It is also about remembering WHY we have those freedoms.

I know that we have memorial day for that purpose, but the men and women who work so hard for days on end sacrificing THEIR time with their own family and friends wishing they could have that hour to relax and laugh with their loved ones and sip iced tea in the front lawn deserve much more than just one day. They deserve everyday that we can give,

Because thats what they give for us.
Every. Single. Day.

 I am blessed enough to have quite a few of these glorious people in my life, & I want to make sure that they know that I love & appreciate them immensely for all that they do. 
It is because of them that I get to sit back & watch my beautiful baby boy taste great new foods, play with his friends, & marvel at the exploding colors in the sky with so much excitement in his smile. 

For that I am eternally grateful.

So whether its with your family around the table before food, said aloud before that first firework, or to yourself before the night is over... take the time to send love & thanks to our troops. Past & present, because I have to believe that while they are out fighting for us.. we can all spare a moment to think of them. 

<3

Have a wonderful day, be safe... & Happy 4th everyone!



Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave love, leave hate, leave WHATEVER you feel... as long as what is left is HONEST & REAL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods